[X4U] Finder locks up-help-

Robert A. (Bob) Hall rahall at ptd.net
Sat May 19 13:06:51 PDT 2007

Thank you Wayne, your suggestion worked in that least it led to  the
solution. Simply duplicating the Document folder failed. I then
created a new "temp" folder in my home folder and opened it in one
finder window. In a second finder window I opened the user my home
folder. I clicked the triangle on the defective Document folder to
drop down the files. I selected all the files and dragged and dropped
all the files into the empty "Temp" folder in the first finder window
and confirmed the it could be opened in the finder and trashed the
defective Documents folder. I renamed the "Temp" folder to Documents
and drug it into the home folder. All then worked perfectly.

A lot of words and actions to get there. It was worth it. I am sure
there may a shorter route but I was determined to cover all the
bases. so I would not have to do it several time.

Thanks again,
Bob Hall

PS: Also, thanks to all those that responded.