[X4U] iWeb

Tim Collier timjcollier at mac.com
Thu May 24 12:15:56 PDT 2007

On May 24, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Paul Moortgat wrote:

> A friend has made a website using iWeb.  He get a lot of complaints
> from PC users that they can't open his site.
> Is there something wrong with iWeb or is it that they use an old IE
> on their PC?

More than likely it's their outdated version of Internet Explorer.  I
have a website on my comcast account and it was created with iWeb.  I
run Vista on my Mac Pro and it displays just fine using IE 7.0, it
also works fine with AOL for Mac or Windows.  Tell your XP using
friends that they *can* update to IE 7.0.  And if they're still using
Windows 95, 98, ME or whatever, I'd tell them it's time to upgrade.
Surprisingly enough, IE 5.0 (?) that ran on the Mac under OS 9 even
displays it and navigates it perfectly.
You do have to pity the poor Windows users who can't upgrade to IE 7
because they're running an OS prior to XP.  Wasn't XP released like
about 5 or 6 years ago now?

Pity,

--
Tim Collier