[X4U] iWeb

Dennis Thompson II dlthompsonii at gmail.com
Thu May 24 12:40:38 PDT 2007

I have quite a few games that won't run under Win2k or XP - Upgrade
windows?  No thank you, not on my machines.  I'll set Wine up under OS X or
Linux first.  My wife uses XP on her PC and it will be the last version of
windows we run.  We're switching to Ubuntu on our PC's when we *finally* get
broadband.

You are correct in recommending that they upgrade thier web browser,
although I would go with the latest version of Firefox on windows.  Heck, I
even use Firefox on my IBook simply because I don't like the way Safari
handles bookmarks.  I have not had any problems with web pages loading
incorrectly or not at all in either Safari or Firefox.  I haven't used IE
for anything recently (since 5.0) so I don't have an opinion on it.

Bear in mind that these are just opinions and YYMV,

In a perfect world all my computers would be Macs.  We're getting there
slowly.

Sky T.

iBook G4, 1GHz, 640MB, 60GB, 10.4.x (whatever the last update was)
Blueberry/Grape Hacken iMac Trayload Built from spare parts running 10.3.x

I like Macs because, in my experience, 99% of the time they just work and
the other 1% of the time it's usually something simple or at least easy to
diagnose.

.