[X4U] Disappearing Mailboxes

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sun May 27 16:01:28 PDT 2007

On 27 May 2007, at 16:46, wilkinw wrote:

> OSX4.9, MacBook Pro 2 gig memory.
>
> So I launched my mail this morning and to my surprise all my
> mailboxes were gone except for in, sent trash. So like a good
> computer user of course I had a backup. Week old but none the less
> a backup. I copied my backup/Library/Mail folder to my Library Mail
> folder, launched mail, they were all there. Oh not really, they
> were there for about 3 seconds then all disappeared again. What
> they hey! So then ... recopied the backup mail folder, same thing,
> they were there for a second or two then disappeared.

With Mail.app closed first, make a copy of ~/Library/Mail
Next remove Library/Mail/Envelope\ Index & reopen Mail.app
Does it make any difference? (once the "import" has finished)

What about closing Mail, copying your backup into place, removing
Library/Mail/Envelope\ Index and then reopening Mail?

Stroller.