[X4U] synch problem

Jan Melichar janmel at mac.com
Mon May 28 00:31:19 PDT 2007

Synchronizing bookmarks with other computers via .mac on my powerbook
has become impossible. (10.4.9) though it word as expected on the
other two connected computers.
Name and password are accepted in .mac system preference but all
check boxes and other options are unavailable in the 'Sync' pane;
iDisk (not being syched) information correct;
advance pane sometimes shows other synchronized computers, sometimes
not. Register/reset synch buttons gray or unresponsive.

Sometime, after closing the preference pane or switching to another
System preference, the password in the .mac pane has vanished,
sometimes not.

I have deleted name and passwords and entered fresh one, restarting
in between - well you sometime get desperate.

Suggestions on how to get this working would be very welcome.

Jan