[X4U] Leopard peculularity regarding command-clicking in title bar of Finder window

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Tue Nov 6 20:08:19 PST 2007

Is this a new behavior, or have I just never noticed it?

If I have a Finder window that is nestled several folders deep, and I
want to get to the next level up in  the hierarchy,  I usually just
hold the command key down and then click on the title bar of the
window, which gives a popup of the hierarchy, allowing me to select
the level i want to go to, and then the window changes to that folder.

Now, when i do the same thing, another separate window of the
enclosing folder opens up, whereas I thought I remembered that it
would simply replace it in-place.

If I CONTROL-click on the Finder window, it gives me the old behavior.

Or am I just misremembering?

Thanks :-)