[X4U] Re: X4U Digest, Vol 39, Issue 9

Clifford H. Readout, Jr. readout at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 7 13:08:55 PST 2007

On 11/7/07 2:32 PM, "x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com"
<x4u-request at listserver.themacintoshguy.com> wrote:

> Message: 1
> Date: Wed, 7 Nov 2007 05:24:03 -0800
> From: Robert Ameeti <Robert at Ameeti.net>
>
> How is your drive currently formatted? Note that GUID is not a
> partition scheme.
>
> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
> Robert Ameeti
>
> I am a deeply superficial person.
>             -- Andy Warhol
> <><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Actually, it is.  I have an MacPro and several external hard drives (LaCie).
These were all formatted and used with my former G5 Quad.  However, the
Leopard installer would not install to any of them without my first
reformatting them by creating a GUID partition scheme.

This formatting scheme only appears in the "Partition" tab of Disk Utility,
which does not seem to be the most reasonable place to have put it,
considering the demand leopard makes for the drive to have been formatted
using it.

Once I reformatted the drives with one partition using the GUID scheme,
Leopard installed.

I will not go into the various problems with the install, and afterward.
Suffice it to say that it seems Apple has finally succumbed to the
temptation to let paying customers do the final beta testing for the OS.

CR