[X4U] Time Machine

Hector Luna polonius19 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 13:51:35 PST 2007

Things are tad off all around. I could understand if Time Machine
reported an error when attempting to write the file, that I could
dismiss to the bad internal, but I was never able to initiate a
recovery, that was what had me concerned about this utility...

On Nov 7, 2007 10:18 AM, Robert Ameeti <Robert at ameeti.net> wrote:
> At 8:47 AM -0700, 11/7/07, Hector Luna wrote:
>
> >I've since discovered that my internal HD on the MBP was bad and is
> >being replaced by Apple, and I don't know what effect the bad HD might
> >have had on the backup, but Time Machine hasn't lived up to its hype
> >yet, at least not for me...
>
> I wouldn't expect Time Machine to be able to do its job if it is
> working with a defective internal hard drive. I can understand why it
> would error when trying to back up a bad hard drive and fail to
> continue based on that error. Just sounds like your internal going
> bad was a stroke of bad luck in timing.
>
> --

> Robert Ameeti
>
> Charm is a way of getting the answer 'yes' without asking a clear question.
>            -- Albert Camus

Someday, when the historians study how someone as accomplished as Al
Gore was effectively marginalized by a party without a conscience and
kept press, they're going to be amazed that any of us had opposable
thumbs.
- Charles Pierce