[X4U] Printing to PDF via CS3 under Leopard

Brett Conlon brettnlis at bigpond.com
Thu Nov 8 17:30:06 PST 2007

Thanks for the tip - Jan is a loooong way orff tho, eh?!

Unfortunately I was trying to create a PDF from Word, not from one of
the CS3 apps. For now I've created a hotfolder setup and dump
PostScripts into the relevant folders but I'd like to get back to
Printing directly to PDF.

I did notice something else peculiar tho. After I Distilled a
PostScript file of my Word Doc my top and bottom margins were wrong
(much closer to the top of the page than in Word). As a further test I
tried using Apple's "Save as PDF..." option in the PDF button (which I
normally NEVER do because the resolution of images are too low and
previously the font wouldn't be embedded) and the margins were
correct. But the interesting thing was that in Acrobat 8's document
Properties window, under the Font tab, all the fonts I used were
embedded (subsetted). How long ago did Apple implement embedding fonts
in their PDFs?

BTW, is anyone out there successfully printing to PDF via CS3 apps
under Leopard?

Cheers,

Coj