[X4U] Hosting on Dot Mac

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Mon Nov 12 05:32:36 PST 2007

Has anybody tried hosting a personal domain at Dot Mac? According to
Apple (both the online and the pretty much useless, canned reply I got
when I emailed support about it) . . . using iWeb 08 is required.

While I have nothing against Iweb 08 . . . it's limited in the number
of templates it includes, I don't see a way to make more, and one
might already have other ways of doing their web pages which one
doesn't want to change.

My guess is that actually using iWeb is not really required and that
if you knew the correct path to put your site on Apple's site it would
be as easy as just manually publishing your site to the right place
once you had set the preferences in Dot Mac and fixed the DNS records.

Has anybody actually used this . . .or know whether iWeb is really required?

--

There are only three kinds of stress . . .your basic nuclear stress, cooking
stress, and A$$ho1e stress. The key to relating them is . . . Jello.

neil