[X4U] Hosting on Dot Mac

Kathy Holton kaholton at stny.rr.com
Mon Nov 12 05:36:29 PST 2007

Yes,  I have used .mac and NO you do not need to use iWeb.  You only
need to upload to the sites folder.  I actually used GoLive files.

Kathy

On Nov 12, 2007, at 8:32 AM, Neil Laubenthal wrote:

Has anybody tried hosting a personal domain at Dot Mac? According to
Apple (both the online and the pretty much useless, canned reply I
got when I emailed support about it) . . . using iWeb 08 is required.

While I have nothing against Iweb 08 . . . it's limited in the number
of templates it includes, I don't see a way to make more, and one
might already have other ways of doing their web pages which one
doesn't want to change.

My guess is that actually using iWeb is not really required and that
if you knew the correct path to put your site on Apple's site it
would be as easy as just manually publishing your site to the right
place once you had set the preferences in Dot Mac and fixed the DNS
records.

Has anybody actually used this . . .or know whether iWeb is really
required?