[X4U] Hosting on Dot Mac

Neil Laubenthal neil at laubenthal.net
Mon Nov 12 15:54:14 PST 2007

Hi Kathy . . . I must have phrased the question poorly . . .let me try
again. I got a couple private replies that also gave essentially this
same answer so it must have been me and not the repliers:-)

I know that you can just manually copy web sites up to you iDisk and
put them in the sites folder . . .but then you have to use a url like
homepage.mac.com/dotmacusername.

They have a new feature that allows you to host your own domain . . .
you set the domain up in Dot Mac preferences . . . then set your
domain DNS to point to homepage.mac.com (nothing to do with your
domain name). Then you set your domain name in iWeb 08 and it
publishes your site to the right folder name on your iDisk. I was
wondering what "the right folder name" might be and if you manually
created this folder and set the preferences and DNS if all would still
work as it should.