[X4U] Do users use resources?

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Wed Nov 14 05:27:16 PST 2007

Hi all,

Running 10.4.10 if it makes a difference. We've had a home Mac
running X since Jaguar first came out. The computers have always been
set up with a single User account that everyone used. Last week I
decided to create accounts for my wife and each of my two kids. That
way they can stop messing up "My" computer. I use said Mac for my
home based business. Being a Graphic Designer I use a lot of resource
heavy software. Does having the other three users still logged on use
up some of the resources available to me? If so, is it enough for me
to be concerned about? Should I instruct them to log off when they
are done using the computer?

Thanks

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer