[X4U] Re: Do users use resources?

Doug McNutt douglist at macnauchtan.com
Wed Nov 14 14:49:22 PST 2007

If the other users are as sophisticated as the pair of teenagers who come regularly to a local Linux user group I attend. . . z z z z z. . .

It's quite possible to set up cron jobs that run even if not logged in. When I have downloads I want to do I often use Mac OS neXt to ssh to a linux box and set up jobs that will run regularly and usually at night. It would be just as easy to do it on the MacOS neXt box but Linux is free. And yes. Cron jobs like that can run the likes of BitTorrent if permissions allow it.

--

Applescript syntax is like English spelling:
Roughly, though not thoroughly, thought through.