[X4U] OS X On Generic PC Hardware

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 16 05:56:35 PST 2007

On 16 Nov 2007, at 04:58, Zane H. Healy wrote:
> Since the $2,500 Mac Pro has two dual-core 2.66Ghz Xeon processors
> and can take 16Gb RAM, while this 2.2Ghz Core 2 Duo with 4Gb, you
> are right.

If I recall the article the author fitted 4x 512meg of RAM,
presumably because it was cheap. I doubt if it'd be much more
expensive to fit 2x gig, and the motherboard would surely take 4x 2gig.

> Though it's more like the low-end Mac Book Pro thanks to the graphics.

I was given to believe the graphics card in this hackintosh was the
same as in the low-end MacPro.

Stroller.