[X4U] OS X On Generic PC Hardware

Clifford H. Readout, Jr. readout at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 16 09:19:24 PST 2007

The extraordinarily helpful and savvy Stroller, wrote:

> Randy opened this discussion on the basis of "what do you think about  it?
> leaving legalities aside." We all know that running OS X on a  generic PC is a
> breach of the license, but that won't stop anyone  that wants to do it. And I
> suspect that - at this point in time - the  majority of people who'd want to
> build their own hackintosh are  natural pirates, anyway.

Worthy to note such details.  My own associate, who managed to get OS X to
work well on his PC laptop more than a year ago, is one of the rare
exceptions to the "pirate" designation, though.  He did it to see how well
it could be done, but also obtained a Mac of his own (captured by exposure).
When his employer offered to get him a new laptop of his choice for work
purposes, he chose a MacBook Pro, not a PC laptop.

CR