[X4U] OS X On Generic PC Hardware

Robert Ameeti Robert at Ameeti.net
Fri Nov 16 12:05:19 PST 2007

At 11:58 AM -0800, 11/16/07, Zane H. Healy wrote:

>At 12:18 PM -0500 11/16/07, Nick Scalise wrote:
>>For example, Apple, I think is using the Intel Xeon 5150 Woodcrest 2.66GHz 4M
>>
>><http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819117089>
>>
>>This lists for $750, and there would be two of them in the Mac Pro.
>
>Apple gets a volume discount of some sort since they are a
>manufacturer, I've no idea how much.  So that will make figuring out
>such things a bit more difficult.

Apple's discount has nothing to do with this. That would only change
the amount of profit that Apple makes which we are not talking about.
The current issue is what a user could expect to pay for an Apple
equivalent.

--

Robert Ameeti

Handy Guide to Modern Science:
1. If it's green or it wiggles, it's biology.
2. If it stinks, it's chemistry.
3. If it doesn't work, it's physics.