[X4U] Laptop battery life?

Jim Robertson jamesrob at sonic.net
Sat Nov 17 20:07:54 PST 2007

On 11/17/07 11:46 AM, "Stroller" <macmonster at myrealbox.com> wrote:

> Part of the reason that Apple agreed to this replacement was that
> they started out by saying that one should only expect 300 charge
> cycles out of a battery and that mine has 302 (again, shown in System
> Profiler).

I didn't realize that System Profiler could report this much detail. My
battery in my MacBook Pro has been yielding shorter and shorter usage times
recently, so I bought a "new" battery from amazon.com (actually one of their
associated retailers), and after reading your post I looked at System
Profiler with it in place. It reports it's had 53 cycles already! Should a
new battery report 0 or 1 charge cycles?

My old battery reports 152 cycles, full charge capacity of 1743 mAh,
remaining capacity of 1684 mAh, but amperage of "0" when running on a/c
power. Does THAT mean the old battery is defective?

Thanks so much,

Jim Robertson