[X4U] 10.5 netinfo ?

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Sat Nov 17 23:33:23 PST 2007

On 11/17/07, John Kiss <john.kiss at comcast.net> wrote:
> On Nov 17, 2007, at 9:28 AM, Russell McGaha wrote:
>
>> What's the equivalent to netinfo on 10.5?  When I installed Leopard
>> it thought I had a "Shared" Users folder, [which I actually had at
>> one time, but no longer] and did not copy my /Users folder over to
>> the new Mac.  Normally this would be not problem, cp -Rpv the /Users
>> folder, to the new /Users folder, go into NetInfo and change where
>> the 'Home' folders are located, reboot, problem fixed.  HOW is this
>> done under 10.5 ????
>
> Here's an article that I just ran across.
> <http://www.macworld.com/news/2007/11/16/netinfo/index.php?pf=1>

The article's good, but I want to know where's the GUI manager app to do all
that stuff? Previously, we had NetInfo Manager and server admins had WorkGroup
Manager. BTW, there are some serious omissions and errors in the article. E.g.,
I'm not a member of staff. I'm a member of groups 501, admin, and lpadmin.