[X4U] RAM counsel

Jesse Leo jleo at projectsupport.com
Wed Nov 21 03:52:57 PST 2007

Hello Mac'ers,

Looking at getting a Macbook, ideally with 2GB RAM. I've priced it out, and
Apple will ship it with 2GB for an extra $150. However, a lot of other
places offer it for much cheaper - crucial.com, for example.

Here are my concerns:

1) Is RAM from 3rd party places going to flake out on me? Or is it pretty
much the same across the board? The old saying "If it costs 10 cents,
chances are it ain't worth a dime." comes to mind.

2) If I do get the RAM from a 3rd party, I'd be stuck with two 512 modules
that ship with the Macbook. Lame.

Any thoughts/advice/opinions you guys have would be great.

Thanks,
Jesse