[X4U] Where da Leopard "Packages" go?

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Wed Nov 21 20:41:53 PST 2007

Update:

I filed a bug with Apple WRT to inconsistencies in SU and the demise of
thePackages folder. Here's what they had to say:

"Engineering has provided the following feedback regarding this issue:

Look in /Library/Updates.

/Library/Receipts contain pkgs but they are not the full packages,
only the package receipts (metadata)."

So, what I provided earlier in this thread wasn't the total picture and
waserroneous. Interestingly enough, the iTunes and QuickTime packages weren't
saved to Updates, but remants were put in Receipts; whereas the
MacOSXUpd10.5.1.pkg, LoginKeychainUpd.pkg, and RemoteDesktopClient.pkg (3.2.1)
were placed in the Updates folder.