[X4U] RAM counsel

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Fri Nov 23 07:28:44 PST 2007

On 11/23/07 7:59 AM, Robert Ameeti wrote:

> That is different. I said "I've sent in ...". You said "AppleCare
> phone support ..."

You can't send it in for warranty work until you've got clearance via phone.
:-) Or at least, that's how it was the last time I had an issue two years
ago.

> They are just trying to minimize the occurrence of good units
> being sent in with bad RAM. Been there, done that, too many times to
> explain.

My point exactly! Since you advocate NOT holding on to the original RAM for
just such an incident, how do you recommend troubleshooting a problem? The
possibility of "If this turns out to be bad RAM, the charges are all yours"
far outweighs the $50 I might get for selling the old RAM, but it's clear
you don't agree. So, please tell us, how do you test for bad RAM if you
don't hang onto the original?