[X4U] Stacks of Apps?

Christopher Collins maclist at analogdigital.com.au
Sat Nov 24 16:49:09 PST 2007

Hey everyone!

Loving Leopard including the stacks and spaces features.

Now to the question. I want to be able to create stacks of
applications on the left hand side of the dock. I'm thinking of things
like a Browsers stack, an iWork stack, an iLife stack, a Utilities
stack, etc

eg: I want Pages, Keynote and Numbers to be in a stack called iWork.
When I click on iWork, the stack opens and lets me click on any of the
applications (Keynote, Pages or Numbers) inside that stack.

I know I can create them on the right hand side of the stack using
AutoStacks, but that to me, just duplicates the icons on the left.

I've done some searching, but have been unable to find any way to make
an application stack for the left hand side of the dock.

I did think of creating stacks on the right, and then deleting the
program icons from the left, but that isn't really an elegant solution

Any ideas anyone?

cjc