Subject: [X4U] USB 1.2 and 2.0

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Sun Nov 25 23:06:48 PST 2007

On Nov 25, 2007, at 4:36 PM, Stroller wrote:

>> On Nov 25, 2007, at 1:46 PM, Carol Weber Mckee wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks, Jeff and Randy.  It sounds like a flash drive is what I
>>> want for backups.
>>
>> Do you mean a "Firewire drive"?
>
> Flash drive:
> http://images.google.com/images?q=flash+drive
>
> Small, cheap and capacious enough to accommodate 27,000 1-page Word
> documents.

"Flash drives" commonly come in sizes of 1, 2, and 4GB at affordable
prices ( in 16GB sizes for quite a bit more money), and are not what
one would normally use for "backups."  Which was why I wanted to be
sure that Carol had her terminology straight.  "  "Firewire" drives,"
which come in quite large capacities, large enough to easily hold the
entire contents of an internal hard drive, are what one would
normally associate with a drive that is suitable for a "backup."

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html