Subject: [X4U] USB 1.2 and 2.0

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Mon Nov 26 06:41:38 PST 2007

On 26 Nov 2007, at 07:06, Randy B. Singer wrote:
>> Flash drive:
>> http://images.google.com/images?q=flash+drive
>>
>> Small, cheap and capacious enough to accommodate 27,000 1-page
>> Word documents.
>
> "Flash drives" commonly come in sizes of 1, 2, and 4GB at
> affordable prices ( in 16GB sizes for quite a bit more money), and
> are not what one would normally use for "backups."

You obviously live in a different world from the majority of home
users, Mr Singer.

For me, too, a 1gig flash drive is insufficient to back up all my
photos, but for many people a flash drive is sufficient to
accommodate the entire contents of their ~/Documents directory. This
is a VERY common usage of flash drives and - outside of this list -
the number of people who have an external hard-drive or feel the need
to backup their entire system is quite small.

Stroller.