Subject: [X4U] USB 1.2 and 2.0

Richard Stoddard richardstoddard at mac.com
Tue Nov 27 03:51:35 PST 2007

On Nov 26, 2007, at 10:39 PM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> Anyone care to share their experience with a failed hard drive?

I've been using external hard drives for many years, first with
Windows and now with OS-X. I had a hard drive failure earlier this
year with an iMac, and while that was pre Time Machine, I did have
daily backups, so lost only a few e-mails I had already transferred
from my inbox to a folder on my hard drive. Can't imagine living
without an external drive for backups. Whether I'll use Time Machine
to automate a restore down the road remains to be seen, since I'm
quite accustomed from WIndows days to restore directory by directory
and have used those misfortunes as an opportunity t clean out
unnecessary files/directories.