[X4U] "Mailbox full" error message?

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Tue Nov 27 10:44:13 PST 2007

On 11/27/07 10:42 AM, Robert A. (Bob) Hall wrote:

> I am getting an error message: "the destination mailbox is full ". I
> have removed many folders and messages and I still am getting the
> error message and the number of  has not changed.
>
> Can someone explain the meaning of the message and how do fully
> correct the situation. I have assumed that it meant I had exceeded
> the allowed number of stored messages. Is there a data base I must
> reset?,etc.

When exactly do you get that message? Are you trying to drag a message from
one mailbox to another on your computer? Or do you get that message in
response to an email you've sent to someone else? If the latter is the case,
there's nothing you can do until that person cleans out their mailbox.
They've allowed so much mail to accumulate that their ISP can accept no more
mail on their behalf.

If you're trying to move messages on  your own computer, tell us whether
you're POP or IMAP -- if you're IMAP, is it possible that you've exceeded
your allotted server space for messages?

~Linda