[X4U] Noisy iMac fan

wilkinw macsys at mac.com
Tue Nov 27 12:50:05 PST 2007

As a quick try she could reset the pram.
Restart hold down the command option p and r keys. Some suggested that
you actually do this 2 or 3 times in a row.
Not sure on the particular models but has she tried any software
updates. In the past I think there were some that actually addressed
this. Also have her do a repair permissions.
FYI, if there is a software update the one that would fix this is
what's called a firmware update. It's a little involved for a novice
user. It usually involves launching the download and doing a shutdown.
Then when powering up you need to hold down the power button until a
long tone is heard then the update runs.