[X4U] Dell printer driver for Mac?

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Fri Nov 30 07:57:35 PST 2007

On 29 Nov 2007, at 23:22, M.Milligan wrote:

> I have a friend who has seen the light. She has a Mac iBook and
> wants to use her Dell A670 printer.
>
> I tried to navigate the Dell website and after 5 minutes I wanted
> to commit harikari.
>
> Any suggestions how and where I can get the driver for a Dell A670
> printer. I tried the Apple support page and didn't get much further.

Dell probably don't offer any Mac drivers for their printers, but you
may have luck configuring it through CUPS <http://localhost:631/>.

As you will see from <http://openprinting.org/printer_list.cgi?
make=Dell> some of Dell's printers are rebadged but otherwise
identical to other manufacturers' models; I think some may now be
uniquely Dell. You will also see from that page that some of Dell's
printers are useless under anything but Windows, but you may be lucky
- using CUPS myself I have found that some printers require little
more than the right PPD file copied to the right place on your Mac
before you're able to configure it correctly.

Stroller.