[X4U] Countdown to Leopard

John Baltutis baltwo at san.rr.com
Fri Oct 19 16:54:14 PDT 2007

> On Oct 19, 2007, at 3:08 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>
>> So, Leopard will be released this next week.  I'm curious what people
>> are doing to prepare.

I've beta-tested Panther, Tiger, and Leopard and highly recommend the upgrade
previous version option. It's the fastest option, deletes all earlier OS
components that aren't needed, adds the new OS components, and doesn't create a
Previous System folder.There's no messing around with the Migration Assistant,
reinstalling applications, or moving stuff from the Previous System folder that
the installermisses.

For preparation, get abootable, external HD, and make a bootable backup/clone
before upgrading/updating. See the below links. That allows you to revert to
the previous good state without having to reinstall anything.

<http://www.macmaps.com/upgradefaq.html>
<http://www.macmaps.com/backup.html>
<http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/installswupdates.html>
<http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/backuprecovery.html>