Re(2): [X4U] Airport Extreme Software Request

Daly Jessup jessup at san.rr.com
Sat Oct 20 00:01:46 PDT 2007

At 23 38  -0700 10/19/07, Rod Duncan wrote:
>>DL AirPortBaseUtility521.dmg at...
>><http://supportdownload.apple.com/download.info.apple.com/
>>Apple_Support_Area/Apple_Software_Updates/Mac_OS_X/downloads/
>>061-3643.20070813.60P1c/AirPortUtility521.dmg>
>>o Double-click AirPortBaseUtility521.dmg to mount and display it's contents.
>>o From the AirPortUtility window, right-click on "AirPortUtility.pkg."
>>o Select "Show Package Contents" from the pop-up menu.
>>o In the "AirPortUtility.pkg" window, double-click on the "Contents"
>>folder to open it.
>>o In the "Contents" window, double-click on the "Archive.pax.gz" file.
>>This will create a new folder on your Desktop, named "Archive." Both the
>>AirPort Utility and the AirPort Disk Utility will be inside Archive/
>>Applications/Utilities folder. You can copy or move them to your
>>Applications folder.
>>I haven't tried it yet, but if you do let me know if it works.

This does work. I should add that clicking on the "Contents" window
puts an "Archive" folder in the folder you use for Downloads, and
that is not necessarily the Desktop. I in fact use a folder called
"Downloads" in my Documents folder, and that is where the "Archive"
folder appeared. I kept looking for it on the Desktop and not finding
it. So it only goes to the Desktop if that is what you have set as
your download location.

Otherwise, this process worked great! Thank you.
Daly