[X4U] TAN: how to find pixel size from DVD

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Tue Oct 30 06:09:57 PDT 2007

On 29-Oct-07, at 6:09 PM, Daly Jessup wrote:

> At 11 07  -0400 10/29/07, Mark Des Cotes wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Thanks to everyone who replied to my post regarding extracting
>> audio from a DVD. I have another question regarding this project.
>> I'm getting ready to start the new animation in Flash, but I'm not
>> sure what pixel size to make it. If it was only for their web site
>> that I was creating this animation I'd know what to do. But I was
>> told to make it the same size as the sample DVD provided to me so
>> that it works on the theatre screen. Is there an easy way to find
>> the pixel dimensions of a DVD movie (AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS folders)?
>
> That question is beyond me. But could you let us know how you ended
> up extracting the audio?
>
> Daly
> ----------------------

I ended up using MPEG Streamclip to extract the audio and DVDxDV to
extract the video. I only have the trial version of DVDxDV so there's
a big watermark across the image but it was good enough for me to
open in Quicktime and get the pixel size and frame rate.

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer
Marksman Design

Mailing adress: