[X4U] apple_sells_2_million_copies_of_mac_os_x_leopard_in_first_weekend

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Tue Oct 30 16:43:07 PDT 2007

At 5:13 PM -0400 10/30/07, Tim Collier wrote:
>On Oct 30, 2007, at 12:51 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>>How many of these are "Family Pack's", and are they counting those
>>as 5 copies?  I bought a "Family Pack" over the weekend, right now
>>it's only on my wife's system, and it will only be on two systems
>>when I finally upgrade my own.
>>
>>		Zane
>I can't speak for others but since I had 4 Macs to upgrade, I did
>the honorable thing and bought the Family Pack.  Even still,
>2,000,000 copies is amazing.  Did Tiger have that many sales when it
>was first released?  I can't remember.

My point is, how many of those 2,000,000 are made up of unused
portions of 5 unit family packs?  I bought the 10.5 Family pack (as
well as iLife '08 and .Mac family packs) for two systems to use.  The
strange thing is that when I picked stuff up on Saturday the 10.5
family packs were behind the counter at the Apple Store, the rest
were on the shelves.

If they are counting the "Family Packs" as 5 separate copies, then
the real number is likely to significantly lower.  Remember if you
have only 2 Mac's the family pack is cheaper than two separate
copies.  Then there are people that bought the pack like me who are
only upgrading one system at this time (though I might upgrade the
other later this week).

Zane