[X4U] apple_sells_2_million_copies_of_mac_os_x_leopard_in_first_weekend

Robert Tillyard rob2 at atvetsystems.com
Tue Oct 30 17:23:10 PDT 2007

On 30 Oct 2007, at 23:43, Zane H. Healy wrote:

> At 5:13 PM -0400 10/30/07, Tim Collier wrote:
>> On Oct 30, 2007, at 12:51 PM, Zane H. Healy wrote:
>>> How many of these are "Family Pack's", and are they counting those
>>> as 5 copies?  I bought a "Family Pack" over the weekend, right now
>>> it's only on my wife's system, and it will only be on two systems
>>> when I finally upgrade my own.
>>>
>>> 		Zane
>> I can't speak for others but since I had 4 Macs to upgrade, I did
>> the honorable thing and bought the Family Pack.  Even still,
>> 2,000,000 copies is amazing.  Did Tiger have that many sales when
>> it was first released?  I can't remember.
>
> My point is, how many of those 2,000,000 are made up of unused
> portions of 5 unit family packs?  I bought the 10.5 Family pack (as
> well as iLife '08 and .Mac family packs) for two systems to use.
> The strange thing is that when I picked stuff up on Saturday the
> 10.5 family packs were behind the counter at the Apple Store, the
> rest were on the shelves.
>
> If they are counting the "Family Packs" as 5 separate copies, then
> the real number is likely to significantly lower.  Remember if you
> have only 2 Mac's the family pack is cheaper than two separate
> copies.  Then there are people that bought the pack like me who are
> only upgrading one system at this time (though I might upgrade the
> other later this week).
>
> Zane

I wonder how many of the Single User DVDs have been used more than once?

I did buy a Family Pack as a just incase as my wife's G4 iMac and G4
Cube can't be upgraded and her next iMac (due in a few weeks) will
have Leopard anyway. I also bought Family Packs of iWork and iLife '08
but so far have only installed on one machine.

Regards, Rob.