[X4U] Is there a *CHEAP* tool to fill in a PDF form?

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Fri Apr 4 16:28:57 PDT 2008

On Apr 4, 2008, at 12:55 PM, Ed Gould wrote:

> I often get a PDF file that needs simple information added like
> name address & telephone number etc.
>
> Without laying $$ for the ADOBE product that allows this, is there
> an cheap way to do so. I do NOT want the full capability PDF editor
> to create forms just fill them in.

There are two excellent free tools to do this.

FormulatePro (free)
http://code.google.com/p/formulatepro/
Formulate will open your PDF and allow you to quickly and easily fill
in the blanks, without altering the original PDF.  Formulate will
even allow you to fill in locked PDF forms.
Formulate comes with a practice form that will teach you how to use
the program in just a few minutes.

The other tool, if you are using Tiger or Leopard, is Preview

Randy B. Singer

Macintosh OS X Routine Maintenance
http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html