[X4U] iTune Podcast error -3150

Lawrence Haber lahaber at mac.com
Sat Apr 5 09:06:41 PDT 2008

Hi,

I subscribe to a number of podcasts via iTunes and a few weeks ago a
number of podcasts from the Leo Laporte empire started generating
error message -3150 whenever I attempted to download them.  iTunes
would "see" that there was a new episode but the download went no
where.  Curious.  Also failed via direct download through Safari.
Interestingly enough, other podcasts continued to download without any
disruption.

I happened to try to download when I had my MBP in an airport lounge,
via wifi, and the missing episodes downloaded without a hitch.

At home, downloading was still failing.  I then connected my MBP to my
cable modem rather then via wifi through my Airport Extreme and low
and behold, the episodes downloaded.

So, the problem isn't with my ISP nor with my MBP but there seems to
be something with the Airport Extreme.  I don't think I have touched
the settings and I cannot see anything that would disrupt the
downloading of a podcast and otherwise I am unaware of any issues on
anything else.

Any idea what is causing this curious behavior?

TIA,

Larry