[X4U] G5 Video Card Question

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Apr 5 15:52:34 PDT 2008

On 5 Apr 2008, at 20:46, Ronald Steinke wrote:

> On 5 Apr, 2008, at 1:19 AM, Stroller wrote:
>
>> There's some kind of firmware in the card, so you're just updating
>> it with a hacked version.
>
> This is not exactly something that a Mac user is familiar with. All
> that PC language and the need to use an actual PC machine to do the
> work isn't what I had in mind.

"Sounds a bit complicated to me", or "sounds a bit fiddly, thanks
anyway" would have been a perfectly adequate answer.

Perhaps it's just me, but I find your words "not exactly something
that a Mac user is familiar with" slightly patronising.
Oh! Obviously Mac users are too good for that sort thing. Jolly
sorry, old fellow. Mistook you for one of those plebs, y'know.
It makes me want to reply, "well, not _all_ Mac users are ignorant".

I believe there is a Mac utility for undertaking this task, but
obviously ascertaining that would've required you to do some homework
on the subject.

Stroller.