[X4U] G5 Video Card Question

Linda XPressoBean at mac.com
Sat Apr 5 18:18:32 PDT 2008

On 4/5/08 5:52 PM, Stroller wrote:

> "Sounds a bit complicated to me", or "sounds a bit fiddly, thanks
> anyway" would have been a perfectly adequate answer.

Those might have been "adequate" answers, but they weren't answers that fit
his situation. He gave an answer appropriate to his situation: using a PC
machine isn't what he had in mind.

> Perhaps it's just me, but I find your words "not exactly something
> that a Mac user is familiar with" slightly patronising.

Perhaps it's just you. I don't feel patronized by that remark. It certainly
isn't something a typical Mac user is familiar with. He didn't say it was
something a Mac user couldn't do, wouldn't do, or was "above" doing -- just
something they aren't familiar with.

> Oh! Obviously Mac users are too good for that sort thing.

That's your own chip on your own shoulder. No one said that Mac users are
too good for that sort of thing. He *did* say he didn't have a Windows
computer to use, but that's not the same thing.