[X4U] G5 Video Card Question

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sat Apr 5 20:48:40 PDT 2008

On 6 Apr 2008, at 02:18, Linda wrote:
>> "Sounds a bit complicated to me", or "sounds a bit fiddly, thanks
>> anyway" would have been a perfectly adequate answer.
>
> Those might have been "adequate" answers, but they weren't answers
> that fit
> his situation. He gave an answer appropriate to his situation:
> using a PC
> machine isn't what he had in mind.

As I said, I don't believe that a PC is necessary. I'm think there's
a Mac program available, but for various reasons I preferred to use
the DOS app, and I just posted the first link I could find. The
criteria not to use a PC was not specified in the previous request
for information.

>> Perhaps it's just me, but I find your words "not exactly something
>> that a Mac user is familiar with" slightly patronising.
>
> ... It certainly
> isn't something a typical Mac user is familiar with.

The difference is in the word, "typical", which Ronald didn't bother
to use.
As I said, not _all_ Mac users are ignorant or incapable.

> He didn't say it was
> something a Mac user couldn't do, wouldn't do, or was "above" doing
> -- just
> something they aren't familiar with.

So, it "sounds a bit complicated" for the average Mac user, then, yes?

Stroller.