[X4U] Why do some images not go through on Apple Mail?

Ed Gould edgould1948 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 23 10:32:59 PDT 2008

On Apr 23, 2008, at 12:42 AM, M.Milligan wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> My friends who have Mac and PC's tell me that some of the images I
> forward to them do not come through. For example, a person will
> send me a humourous picture or picture via email. Some of them I
> want to share with my friends. For reasons I don't understand, any
> text associated with the picture will go through to my recipients,
> but the images do not.
>
> Can you tell me what if anything I can do?
>
> I thank you.
>
> Murray

Murray,

  I am far from an expert in this area but all I can do is to relate
to you what I have seen in communicating with some windows users.
The first is AOL types they have a bug in their email program in that
if you attach more than one image  to an email it is mangled by their
email program to look like either garbage (no pic) or it looks like a
virus. I do NOT know if this has been fixed (not likely from what I
have heard) or it may come across as two email attachments, one a
small file which is the "icon" that macs put on each pic (another
word is thumbnail instead of icon). The other possibility is that
they have a brain dead email program that does not understand the MAC
attachments. When you attach a file at the bottom of the pulldown
menu it says use windows friendly attachments. Make sure that is
checked off.

Ed