[X4U] Smart phones for Mac

Michael-John Turner mj at mjturner.net
Thu Apr 24 02:39:14 PDT 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 10:07:51AM -0400, Dave B wrote:
> My wife and I both have "older" Nokia smartphones (E61 and N80) that are
> fully supported by iSync. We have very few issues with them. Leopard does a
> better job of syncing all day events than Tiger. Nokia also has a nice app
> for syncing music / photos between their phones and iTunes / iPhoto. Call
> quality on the Nokia's is better than a Crackberry or a Treo. Software
> availability is astounding for the Symbian phones.

Seconded. I have an E61i and have had no problems syncing it to both Tiger
and Leopard (calendar and contacts, haven't tried any notes, etc). The
Nokia apps for OS X look good, although I haven't used them much as I
don't have a need to.

FWIW, I use Spanning Sync to sync Google Calendar with iCal and then iSync
to sync to my E61i. Works like a charm.

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner