[X4U] Why do some images not go through on Apple Mail?

Tim Collier tim_collier at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 26 03:53:46 PDT 2008

On 4/25/08 6:55 PM, "Ed Gould" <edgould1948 at comcast.net> I was so excited on
4/25/08 6:55 PM, when I received this message from Ed Gould that I had to
take an extra xanax.

> On Apr 25, 2008, at 5:43 PM, Linda wrote:
>
>> On 4/25/08 1:16 PM, John Dach wrote:
>>
>>> The link worked.  Here is one to try that I typed in
>>>
>>> http://www.MLCE.net  and here is the link you sent that I typed in
>>> http://www.cnn.com
>>>
>>> bet they did not work for you.  They are NOT colored like a link.
>>
>> They both work as clickable hyperlinks.
>>
>> They are links when the mail is received, not when you're composing
>> a mail.
>>

> I am guessing that *PART* part of  the problem is that listservs
> behave differently . I have run into this on other listservs and gave
> up trying to figure out how they handle URL's some work perfectly and
> others well lets say they do not.
>
> I do *NOT* know anything about which listserv works and which do not.
> I think this is partly a listmom issue and an RFC issue and good luck
> pointing the finger as I have been told (some) RFC's are not being
> followed by listserv code.
>
> Ed

One thing that I've seen regarding clickable URL's is this:  if the URL is
complete on one line like http://www.apple.com/ it will work fine.  But some
people post these mile long URL's and they get split so the first part is on
one line and the second on the line below.  Only way that I've found, if I
really want to see it, is to copy and paste it into the browser.  This
happens to me in Mail and Entourage 2008 for instance (this is not a real
URL so don't click it(by the way, as soon as I started typing what Entourage
thought to be a URL, it moved the http etc to the line below..talk about
smart))
http://www.webpage.com/userpages/iamlinda/personalstuff/morepersonalstuff/pi
ctures/photo5?xml/showme_the_picture/pictureofmeatmy15thbirthday.jpg won't
work even if you put a < at the beginning and a > at the end.  Only the
first part of the URL will show as being clickable
--
Tim Collier
MacBook 2.2 gig 2 gig RAM