[X4U] Set up Parallels or Boot Camp

David R. Boag, DDS spikedds at bellsouth.net
Sat Apr 26 21:29:15 PDT 2008

On Apr 26, 2008, at 11:26 PM, Jim Scott wrote:

> Woo Hoo? Caveat Emptor is more like it.
>
> Jim Scott

Had to try to rain on my parade, didn't ya? ;-)

Power seller. Over 99% positive feedback. Reportedly an unregistered
brand new MBP with everything except the original box. All things that
are normally inside the box of new MBP are present. I don't yet know
if the screen is matte or glossy, but so long as it works, I don't
care much. Would prefer glossy, but won't blink if it's not.

Got it for $2200. Normally $2650 tax included. Was planning on buying
a new 256MB VRAM model which would have cost me $14 less than this
one, so I got the extra VRAM for $14 instead of $500-600.

I'm not quite sure this seller knew what he had. Lots of electronics
sold, but few if any MBP's. We'll find out, but I have high hopes.
Very good feedback from other buyers. And he's already responded today
via email--a very good sign. Bought it through PayPal anyway, so at
least $2K of it is guaranteed.

It should be a nice upgrade from my Mini Core Duo 1.66 GHz.

Thanks for your experience.

BTW, does the VM using the Boot Camp partition still get larger as
more storage is needed like a regular Parallels VM?

David R. Boag, DDS