[X4U] Why do some images not go through on Apple Mail?

Tim Collier tim_collier at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 28 01:36:08 PDT 2008

On 4/27/08 10:37 AM, "Ed Gould"  wrote an extraordinary message on 4/27/08
10:37 AM, when I received this message, I became so excited that I was
forced to take an extra Xanax.

> On Apr 26, 2008, at 10:37 PM, Crandon David wrote:
>
>> It's broken when viewed as a quote, but the original is clickable
>> for me.
>
> But I think its really broken as the first part (of the Blue font) is
> passed to the browser the second part is *NOT* passed to the browser.
> That is why I think some list servers are BAD (Broken As Designed).
>
> The RFC's (I believe) are the ones that the list servs are the
> culprit. Or it could be the email client(I don't know) and have given
> up the fight.
>
> Ed

I'm thinking it's a combination of both.  The first response was from
somebody who was also using Entourage--fine, then Mail--fine, then it got
passed along to people using Eudora and God knows what.  Since we seem to
have no standard (being able to choose is a good thing!), unfortunately,
this will continue to be a problem, what IS the solution?

Call me confused,

Tim