[X4U] handbrake and ripping dvds

alexandre list at kapellos.com
Sat Aug 2 11:26:25 PDT 2008

hi

i make copies of dvds that i own so that i can watch them on the road
on my macbook pro, without taking the dvds themselves, obviously. i
use handbrake to do this, with my custom settings so as to have a
relatively high quality copy (1.5gb for an average movie, in mp4 format)

now that i have an iphone, i'd also like to have "lighter" versions of
these movies. how can i go about this without re-ripping at a lower
bitrate (which is what i'm doing now)?

thanks

alexandre
17" 2.33ghz ic2d macbook pro / 2.0gb / 160gb / X.5.4
24" 2.33ghz ic2d imac / 3.0gb / 1tb / X.5.4
iphone 3G / white / 16gb