[X4U] Cheap Source for .mac

Fred Terry pfterry at deadtrees.net
Sun Aug 3 21:01:22 PDT 2008

It is becoming obvious that renewing with an activation key is something
Apple hasn¹t completely worked out. I just clicked on the Renew button in
the MobileMe preferences pane and a Safari window opened. I was expecting to
be taken to the Activation page, but instead I was taken to a ³Page Not
Found² at MobileMe. Since Apple Support gave me the URL I passed along, they
think renewing with an activation key is supposed to work.

I¹ve turned off my automatic renewal and ordered a MobileMe box from
ExperCom. When it shows up this week, I¹ll get Apple Support on the phone
again while I try to enter my activation key. If we all push, maybe they¹ll
get the bugs flushed out of the system.