[X4U] Spinning Beachball

Jens Selvig lstnmt at bresnan.net
Thu Aug 14 19:31:14 PDT 2008

How much free space is available on your startup drive?

Do you have any external devices connected? Like USB stuff/hubs etc.
Firewire? You might try shutting down unplugging all of the external
items and seeing if that fixes things.

Have you run the Disk Utilities repair functions lately?

Does this happen on all accounts? Create a new account and see if that
fixes things.

HTH,

Jens

On Aug 14, 2008, at 7:06 PM, Dan A. Currie wrote:

> I am driving an MDD DUAL 1.25 MHz / 2 GB RAM / 2 - 120 GB and 1 -
> 200 GB HDD / NETSCAPE 9.0.0.6 / OS X.4.11 and of late my beachball
> has been spinning a lot more that ever before.
>
> It spins for no rhyme or reason that I can discern - I click on a
> folder on my desktop it spins, I open an application that I
> routinely use and it spins and the same with an application that I
> rarely use, I click on a website in Yahoo or any other search engine
> or browser and it spins and I click on an image and it spins, I
> click to send email and it spins!!!

Jens Selvig
...Lost in Montana...