[X4U] Spinning Beachball

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Thu Aug 14 19:32:53 PDT 2008

First thing I'd check is how much free space you have left on your
startup volume.  Low disk space=trouble, since virtual memory, log
files, etc can take up that space, and make the computer churn the
hard drive constantly.

Is there any improvement after restarting the machine?

Try making a "dummy" account, and logging into that account.  Does the
problem persist? If so, might be some faulty preference files or
system addons.

Have you installed any software that required you to enter your
administrator password?

Michael