[X4U] Is it possible to get APPLE's EMAIL app to retrieve mail from GMAIL (Google?)

J Vansickle gmajudi at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 14:17:49 PDT 2008

> Ed: yes it is possible. I receive and send google mail through Mail on my
> Macs and iPhone.
>
> snip

 Good luck.

Jeff

If I mess anyone up by not changing the subject line, my bad, but my
question is somewhat related. I have several email accounts, two are
forwarded to my gmail account, all of which is then forwarded to Apple mail,
kind of. Not all normal mail is forwarded all the time and some is filtered
to the proper folders and some is not. For example, after gmail has
forwarded to apple mail, I have filters to send X4U mail to a mail  folder
called maclists. Sometimes it goes directly to the proper folder and
sometimes it sits in my mail inbox and sometimes it just doesn't forward. I
have looked at my rules settings in mail, my google settings, and everyother
setting I can think of that might be related. I have checked the headers and
I can't find anything there either. This happens on all lists I subscribe
to. What am I missing? It's something I can live with, but I would much
rather have things work the way I expect them to.

Thanks for any advice in advance

Judi V

iMac G5
OS version 10.4.11