[X4U] Pros and Cons of Time Capsule?

Mark Des Cotes lists at marksmandesign.ca
Wed Dec 3 17:02:13 PST 2008

It's time to replace my aging 80Gb USB1 and 60Gb Firewire backup
drives with something a bit bigger, say a 1Tb drive. Right now my
backups consist of dragging important files to the USB and FW drives
and using Backup along with my iDisk for my personal data and
settings. I'd like to automate the backup process using something
like Time Machine. I like the fact that  Time Capsule is from Apple
but is it really worth looking at or am I better off purchasing
another brand of drive? Right now I'm backing up the 250Gb HD on my
iMac but I'm looking into getting a MacBook for my wife that would
need to be backed up as well. What are the pros and cons of Time
Capsule?

Mark Des Cotes
Owner-Graphic Designer
Marksman Design